Warning: mysql_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50547 Library:100122 in /home/bceln2/secure/mysql_pconnect.php on line 4
Central Vision Goal
Post-Secondary Leader in Library, Learning & Community Networking
Strategic Vision Goals
- Recognized leader in collaboration
- Facilitator of digital collections creation & storage
- Effective partner in development of BC's knowledge economy
- Catalyst for innovative licensing
- Pro-active partner in the Library of BC
- Coordinator of innovative information technologies
- Champion of universal access
- Enhancing our Services
- Building the BC Library
- Developing Digital Collections
- Raising our Profile
- Strengthening our Infrastructure
The mission of the BC Electronic Library Network (BC ELN) is to provide superior and equitable information access for all learners and researchers by extending the expertise and resources of the BC post-secondary libraries.
BC ELN is a partnership between the Province of BC and its post-secondary libraries.
BC ELN operates with core funding from the Province of BC and resources contributed by partner libraries.
Core Values and Principles
- Collaboration: Together we are stronger. We work as a collegial community in a spirit of teamwork, participation, and inclusion. We look for opportunities to form new partnerships.
- Trust: The foundation of our success is respect, integrity, and accountability. We foster long-term, trust-based relationships through open and honest communication and ethical practices.
- Innovation: We are nimble and flexible, creatively adapting and responding to opportunities and change.
- Leadership: Our success is based on competence, expertise, and a commitment to excellence, learning, and professionalism.
- Sustainability: We ensure our on-going viability through continuous improvement, cost-effectiveness, and accountability for results.
BC ELN - Together
BC ELN Strategic Plan 2006-2011
Endorsed July 7, 2006