Warning: mysql_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50547 Library:100122 in /home/bceln2/secure/mysql_pconnect.php on line 4
Types of Partner Libraries
Value in Membership
The BC ELN provides superior and equitable information access for all learners, educators, and researchers by extending the expertise and resources of the BC post-secondary libraries. BC ELN members benefit from cost-effective services and solutions, purchasing leverage for electronic databases and information management tools, training, and professional development opportunities. On behalf of its members, BC ELN participates in advocacy, lobbying, leadership, and collaborative efforts that ultimately improve library services for BC post-secondary learners. It promotes coordination and cooperation among the post-secondary libraries of BC, provides a communications infrastructure for library leaders, and maintains liaison efforts with other agencies and councils as appropriate.
Strength in Numbers - Recent Snapshot of BC ELN Accomplishments
- Over 200,000 learners, educators, and researchers benefit annually from BC ELN services and resources;
- 80+ databases and online licenses negotiated by BC ELN staff and made available to partner libraries for individual selection and subscription;
- Cost savings of $1,153,000 achieved for BC post-secondary institutions through group purchase discounts for electronic resources and information management tools (an average of 30% discount for partner libraries);
- 18,468+ questions answered annually through the AskAway chat reference service;
- Over 70,000+ interlibrary loans facilitated annually through BC ELN software and network.
Types of Partner LibrariesTwo types of members exist within BC ELN:
- Full Members include the libraries of the public post-secondary institutions funded by the Province of British Columbia. New publicly funded post-secondary institutions are added to this list as necessary. Legacy members in this category include Trinity Western University and Yukon College.
- Associate Members include the libraries of private institutions who have individually applied and been approved by the BC ELN Steering Committee as meeting the requirements for this category as outlined on the Associate Membership Checklist web page.
Membership Benefits & Responsibilities
Membership in BC ELN includes a number of benefits and responsibilities. Please see the pages below for information:
- Benefits and Responsibilities for BC ELN Members
- Applying for Associate Membership
- Associate Member Fee Schedule
Libraries interested in Associate Membership should contact BC ELN at email@example.com.