BC ELN Strategic Plan 2011/12 to 2015/16The mission of the British Columbia Electronic Library Network (BC ELN) is to provide superior and equitable information access for all learners, educators, and researchers by extending the expertise and resources of the BC post-secondary libraries.
Bold Step 1 Increasing the Format and Content Range of Online Resources
Strategy 1.1 Grow Learner Resources (Collaborative Collection of High Quality Resources)
- Maintain and expand collaborative collection of learner resources to include more content and a wider variety of formats, including streaming video and ebooks.
Strategy 1.2 Foster BC Library Collections Gateway
- Support and expand the provincial resource sharing network.
Bold Step 2 Facilitating Learning Commons Services
Strategy 2.1 Support AskAway Collaborative Virtual Reference Service
- Maintain and coordinate the provincial post-secondary collaborative virtual reference service AskAway.
- Actively seek opportunities to participate in the development and support of learning commons services, such as the WriteAway Collaborative Virtual Writing Service, Virtual Study Rooms, or Resumé Writing / Career Services.
Bold Step 3 Supporting Province-Wide Digitization and Scholarly Communication Initiatives
Strategy 3.1 Connect Learners, Educators & Researchers with Digital Collections
- Contribute leadership and coordination to provincial and national digitization projects in cooperation with other groups such as the BC Digitization Coalition and Canadiana.org.
Strategy 3.2 Articulate & Implement Open Access Archives Strategies
- Articulate and implement appropriate role for BC ELN in managing open access archives (e.g. Institutional Repositories, Learning Object Repositories) and supporting adoption by BC ELN partners.
Bold Step 4 Ensuring a Relevant, Responsive and Sustainable BC ELN
Strategy 4.1 Strengthen our Infrastructure
- Ensure that the BC ELN Office has the human and financial resources needed to meet its Strategic Vision Goal effectively and efficiently.
Strategy 4.2 Communicate Effectively
- Develop and refine BC ELN communications through targeting messages and marketing for diverse audiences.
Endorsed by BC ELN Steering Committee July 8, 2011
More information about the BC ELN 2011/12 - 2015/16 Strategic Plan can be found here.
Expanded document available at: http://www.eln.bc.ca/view.php?id=1936