BC ELN Institutional Repositories Concept Committee
The IR Concept Committee operated between November 2012 and September 2014.
Strategy 3.2 of the BC ELN 2011/12 to 2016/17 Strategic Plan calls for BC ELN to articulate and implement an appropriate role for BC ELN in managing open access archives (e.g. Institutional Repositories, Learning Object Repositories) and supporting adoption by BC ELN partners.
BC ELN began this process by carrying out a survey to assess partner library needs. The survey indicated strong interest in a collaborative IR, especially among small universities and large colleges. A Concept Committee was formed, with representatives from six libraries as well as BC ELN Office staff. The group explored issues associated with launching a collaborative IR, and developed the concept of the BC IR Network.
Membership in the Institutional Repository Concept Committee (IRCC) was as follows:
- Tim Atkinson, Vancouver Community College
- Chris Burns, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Penny Haggarty, Thompson Rivers University
- Brenda Philip, University of the Fraser Valley
- James Rout, Emily Carr University of Art + Design
- Debbie Schachter, Douglas College
BC ELN Office:
- Anita Cocchia
- Leigh Anne Palmer
- Brandon Wiegel