Warning: mysql_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50547 Library:100122 in /home/bceln2/secure/mysql_pconnect.php on line 4
Institutional Repository Update #4
23 June 2014
Re: Institutional Repository Update #4
The Office is pleased to inform you that we have been hard at work on the Business Case requesting one-time funding from the Ministry of Advanced Education via the Administrative Services Delivery Transformation group (ASDT) and will be presenting that funding request at the ASDT meeting this Wednesday. It is our understanding that decisions around funding will be made at or close after that meeting.
The ASDT Steering Committee is composed of a number of VPs of Finance from BC ELN partner institutions (a list is provided below). We plan to encourage ASDT Committee members to speak to their library directors should they have questions about BC ELN and any of our programs or services. We wanted to provide you with a heads up so you weren’t caught off guard.
Also, any of you whose institutions have representatives on the Committee, if you would consider contacting your VP Finance to show your support for the IR project and the efficiencies that BC ELN has brought to bare on collaborative projects for libraries in the Post-Secondary Sector, it would be greatly appreciated. ASDT Steering Committee Members are listed below:
- Roy Daykin – VP Finance, Langara College
- Bob Eby – VP Finance, Okanagan College
- Pat Eagar – VP Finance, Vancouver Island University
- Gayle Gorrill – VP Finance, University of Victoria
- Oliver Gruter-Andrew – Chief Information Officer, University of British Columbia
- Pat Hibbitts – VP Finance, Simon Fraser University
- Jackie Hogan – VP Finance, University of the Fraser Valley
- Gordon Lee – VP Finance, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Jordan Perry – Chief Information Officer and Executive Director, Ministry of Advanced Education
- Cathay Sousa – VP Finance, Northwest Community College
- Diane Teslak – VP Finance, College of the Rockies
- Joe Thompson – Assistant Deputy Minister, Ministry of Advanced Education.
As you will remember, since December’s BC ELN All Partner Meeting, work began in earnest on the IR project:
- The Office was in touch with Ministry, at the direction of the BC ELN Steering Committee, investigating potential seed funding for an institutional repository project.
- In March, we were asked to speak to the Administrative Service Delivery Transformation (ASDT) Steering Committee about how potential funding could be leveraged to launch IRs at institutions around the province.
- After that presentation, the Office was asked to work with the ASDT Office at the Ministry to draft a Business Case showing the value and benefits that seed funding for an IR project would bring to partner libraries and the sector.
If you have any questions about this information or contacting your VP Finance, feel free to call either myself or Anita at any time.
Many thanks as always … and keep your fingers crossed!
Leigh Anne Palmer
BC Electronic Library Network
Electronic Health Library of BC