Warning: mysql_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50547 Library:100122 in /home/bceln2/secure/mysql_pconnect.php on line 4
Announcing the BC Institutional Repository Network Software Selection Committee
October 15, 2014
TO: BC ELN Partner Library Directors
FROM: Sunni Nishimura, BC ELN on behalf of the BC IR Network Advisory Committee
CC: BC IR Network Advisory Committee
RE: Announcing the BC Institutional Repository Network Software Selection Committee
Many thanks to all those that expressed interest in standing on the BC IR Network Software Selection Committee (SSC). The BC IR Network Advisory Committee has selected 4 committee members from the nominees. It is with great pleasure that I announce the members of the BC Institutional Repository Network Software Selection Committee:
- Gilbert Bede, Okanagan College
- Kathy Gaynor, Thompson Rivers University
- Emma Lawson, Langara College
- Brenda Philip, University of the Fraser Valley
In addition, Elizabeth Padilla (BCIT) will stand as liaison between the SSC and the BC IR Network Advisory Committee.
Representatives were chosen with the following parameters:
- SSC members represent institutions that are actively seeking to implement an institutional repository.
- To ensure efficient decision-making, the SSC has a maximum of 6 members, including the Advisory Committee liaison and the BC ELN Coordinator.
- The timeline for selecting software is very tight, so SSC members are able to commit to frequent meetings and intense committee work from October – December 2014.
- Members were selected to ensure balanced representation from different types and sizes of institutions.
The SSC has been tasked with: finalising functional requirements, developing and issuing an RFQ for a software platform to support the network; evaluating vendor submissions; coordinating community feedback & testing; and recommending a software solution. The SSC's goal is to make a software recommendation to the BC IR Network Advisory Committee no later than December 2014.
Questions about the BC IR Network Software Selection Committee? Let me know!