Arca Implementation Working Group Terms of Reference
The Arca project is a collaborative initiative of BC post-secondary institutions to support the development and implementation of institutional repositories (IRs) at BC post-secondary institutions. Arca is a province-wide network of institutional repositories, providing: access to faculty and student research output across post-secondary institutions; supporting the management of institutional digital assets; and showcasing BC as a hub for knowledge creation across Canada and around the world.
The Arca Advisory Committee is overseeing the implementation of the Arca network of digital repositories. The Islandora digital repository platform has been selected for Arca, supported and hosted in Canada by discoverygarden. A next step is forming an implementation working group.
The Arca Implementation Working Group has received a mandate from the Arca Advisory Committee to:
- Represent the diverse needs of early adopters and BC post-secondary institutions;
- Provide the Advisory Committee with input on operational needs and priorities for Arca;
- Make recommendations to the Advisory Committee on operational best practices;
- Advise and assist the Arca Administrative Centre with system
- Complete an approved implementation action plan, with a status review in September 2015.
Representing Early Adopters:
- Cortney Newton (COTR)
- Gretchen Goertz (Douglas College)
- Hillary Webb (ECUAD)
- April Haddad (JIBC)
- Kathy Gaynor (TRU)
- Brenda Philip (UFV)
- James MacDonald (UNBC)
Representing Sites with Existing IRs:
- Elizabeth Padilla (BCIT)
- Don Taylor (SFU)
- Dan Sifton (VIU)
Communication among Implementation Working Group members takes place primarily via the < eln-irimpwrkg > listserv.
Implementation Working Group meetings are held virtually or by teleconference as needed.