Announcing the Arca Discovery Layer Task Group
It is with great pleasure that I announce the members of the Arca Discovery Layer Task Group:
- BC Digitization Coalition Task Group / University of British Columbia – Paul Joseph
- British Columbia Institute of Technology – Elizabeth Padilla (Arca Advisory Committee representative)
- Douglas College – Trevor Smith (Arca early adopter site)
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University – Caroline Daniels
- Langara College – Brent Searle
- Simon Fraser University – Janice Banser
- University of Northern British Columbia – James MacDonald (Arca early adopter site)
- Vancouver Island University – Dan Sifton
The BC ELN Office will also participate in the Discovery Layer Task Group.
To complete Phase 2 of the Arca project, the Discovery Layer Task Group will work closely with BC ELN to develop a discovery layer enabling cross-repository search of BC post-secondary digital repositories, including those using repository platforms other than Islandora. The Discovery Layer Task Group will identify goals and use cases for the discovery layer, investigate and evaluate possible solutions, and present a recommendation for a solution to the Arca Advisory Committee.
This group reports to the Arca Advisory Committee. Work will begin shortly with the goal of launching a Discovery Layer in Beta in late Spring 2016.
For more background on the Arca project, visit the BC ELN website and the Arca website.
Questions about the Arca Discovery Layer Task Group? Contact Sunni Nishimura, BC ELN Coordinator